Easy Ways to Lower Your Bill
Save Electricity And Check Wastage
Tame the summer......save power in the bargain
- Use ceiling or table fan as the first line of defence against summer heat. Ceiling fans, for instance, cost about 30 paise an hour to operate – much less than air-conditioners (Rs.10.00 per hour).
- Set the thermostat of the air-conditioner at 25 degrees centigrade (77.F degree Farenheit) for least cost. The energy consumption will be three to five per cent less with each degree about 22oC (71.5oF).
- Using ceiling or room fans allow you to set the thermostat higher because the air movement will cool the room.
- A good air-conditioner will cool and dehumidify a room in about 30 minutes, So use a timer and leave the unit off for some time.
- Keep doors in air-conditioned rooms closed as often as possible.
- Clean ACs once a month. Clean filters to enable the unit to cool down quickly and use less energy.
- Get your internal wiring checked by a licensed electrical contractor before installing an air-conditioner.
- Contract the NPCL office and apprise him of the intended increase in load.